Monday 29 July 2013

Day 48 and 49


 Karijini to Exmouth (with a stop at Nanaturra Roadhouse (680km)
Total Km 8921
Photos Taken: 4203!!! thank God for Digital SLRs!!!!! (and Mum for the bigger memory card for my B'day!!!)

 

So, sadly we have to leave Karijini NP, and after the kids collected their “Karijini NP Junior Ranger” badges, we headed off again, West now towards Exmouth, which is our Gateway to the Ningaloo Reef. We are booked into the Big 4 in Exmouth and as such are going to “ drive until it hurts” today, and find a suitable rest area to stay in along the way. We stop in at Tom Price for a few groceries as we have been told the Exmouth IGA is very pricey!

 

With the Grey Nomads stopping for lunch and then forgetting to drive again after lunch, the Free Roadside camps fill up soon after lunch with 60 foot Caravans driven by people who scare the daylights out of me just being allowed to drive a car! None the less we head west, and opt to stay at the Nanuturra Roadhouse, about 230km short of Exmouth. Not bad: $30 per night, hot showers, power and clean amenities. Just a shame that you can’t hammer a tent peg into the ground L !!!!! Our “neighbour”, who is staying for a few weeks offers to park his ute in such a way we can tie some guys to it! Nice!!!!

 

Showered and rested we drive on to Exmouth. We opt to go and grab some things for lunch. On the way out of the park we spot another Tambo Omeo Camper Trailer. There are perhaps only 20-30 made so it’s a bit of a treat. We point and gawk, they look at us strange, as we have dumped the trailer in our spot having already checked in. We wind windows down and say “we have an Omeo too!!” and discover we are also both on MySwag, and in fact had exchanged messages about some things!! Small world. We agree to catch up later, turns out we can see each others sites! Weird!! Simon and Kylie and family, it turns out, have just stayed in the same campground, Kurrajong in Cape Range NP, that we are heading to tomorrow. They are also leaving tomorrow for Ningaloo Station (very envious!!!!!) and are going to try and come back to Kurrajong!! Wow, seems we picked the right place!!!  

 

Spend the arvo, lazing (for a change, there are no little jobs to be done!!!) and chatting for a bit with Simon and Kylie about their set up, the way they pack and manage things. We compare electrical set ups and storage ideas. We also got the inside running on a few things to do and see up there. Brilliant!!!!!

 

 

21 comments:

  1. Hi Sam and family, we are writing this to you to see if it will post!!! We all have our fingers and toes crossed ... because in computers today we are all going to have a read of your blog page and send you some individual messages!!!! Hope you are all well ... including bubs! From 4C :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you met up with someone with like ideas. Tis good.

    Still painting here. Jay still with Rohan. Now the two cats are fighting.

    Joan and Neil got home on Sunday.

    Keep enjoying and keep safe.

    Miss you all, lots of love and hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shaun, Mandy and kids,

    It was great to meet you a few days back. We hope you had a great time at Kurrajong Camp. We had a good few days at Ningaloo Station, although it was a bit windy and the flies were bad. We also spring a leak in our water tank on the way in, but still had enough to last the 4 days.

    We are now back in Exmouth and head back into Kurrajong Camp for another 4 days on Monday before turning south as well.

    Hope you have safe travels as you head for home.

    Cheers
    Simon, Kylie and kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sam,

    how are you? me and Ella are still jealous. At school we are waiting for you to come back. we lost power yesterday and that made me angry.

    from victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam

    4C is all waiting for you to come back, and bet you can`t wait until camp.

    From Ashiya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hay Sam how are you? we got your postcard and it looks like you're having a looooooooooot of fun!!! Yesterday a tree fell with all the lightnings. Besides it was standing on a power lane.Any way hope you come back next week cause everyone wants to see you again (especially Theo)

    From Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josh - Hi Sam its me josh still thinking what im going to be when I grow up. and also when the power went out it was awesome because when I got home I was very very cold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sam,

    If you come back next week you won't see me because I'll be in Queensland. At school there was a huge storm and a tree fell over. We lost power and the police came. That day I was walking back from Music and it started to hail! When I got back I ate all the hail off me but it didn't last long.

    From Abbie :)

    P.S My nick name is Abbuscus (Pronounced Abb-us-cus)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Sam,

    how are you? what are you doing? 4C got your post card. We are missing you. how is the baby is it ok if it is that's good are you still at monkey mia?


    from Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sam

    Hope your having a good time.2 days ago a big tree fell over due to wind,hail and rain it cut of all of the power because it took the powerline when it fell,some people had to come to cut it down but its all fixed now.There is a new girl in 4c called Paris.

    Sincerely Jess
    PS.POKE!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello Sam where are you going next?. I wish I was were you right now because I looked at the pictures they are so cool. Are you having fun? I'm jealous . a tree fell over yesterday


    from Matthew











    ReplyDelete
  12. Brayden- Sup that was a big pelican were you at monkey mire when you toke the photo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sam. It looks like your having fun. The other day a tree at our school fell over. I'm not sure if others in 4c will talk about that or if they already had because it was pretty exciting. so as you can see it has been a storm almost EVERYDAY. I hope the bad weather doesn't hit you before you come back. I am only asking you to please come back soon because of Theo. He is being really annoying as every 5 seconds he says See you guys later. then in one second he says told you i'd see you guys later and it is annoying me and Anita so don't think I want you back for any friendly reason. You are still my Frienimy. By the way, IS THAT HOW YOU SPELL IT? Any way Mackenzies sleepover party is coming up and I am going. Hope to see you soon. Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brayden- YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR CCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL with a k

    ReplyDelete
  15. josh - hi sam me again my pc didn't go out when the pwr went out it was fun also its very rainy this week hope you have a lot of fun also my favourite thing this week is the rain. jope you have fun from Josh

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi SAM Hope you are having a good trip I wonder how you are going I wonder where you are going next hope you have had a fun time I liked your post card and your pitches they are so cool and when the power went out it was really cold at my house and I think It would be warmer up there have fun on your last few days

    From KURT :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi Sam its Elle I have forgotten what you have looked like, na I am just kidding. cant wait to have you back. Theo cant wait till you come back. I hope you have had an adventure getting eaten by sharks, just kidding like jokes you? Mackenzie'S BIRTHDAYS COMING UP ON A DAY! so is mine just kidding a lot of people are not missing you! I AM KIDDING I LOVE THAT WORD KIDDING YOU?
    TREE fell down on Monday august second Monday. It split in half. it is pretty thick. It fell onto the rode and the basketball court and police were there. It fell down with the power line so power went out when we were leaving music it was pretty cool. It feels so good without you, not. Sorry I am just so exited about Mackenzies party sorry I mean it having lots of fun without you. wakakirri was good Mackenzie said so. PS I am so excited. PPS miss you. PPPS I AND THEO THINK SCHOOL IS BORING WITHOUT YOU. PPPPS IT REALLY IS BORING.
    ppppps bye. pppppps sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi sam it is Elle AGAIN thankyou for making me be jelous.
    from best idiot Ele

    ReplyDelete
  19. Elle- your so lucky to go on camp. You are really smart are you? sam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elle- we are not little fishes Sam

    ReplyDelete